Tuesday, May 1, 2012

may day may day...

In the spirit of my spiritual genXerhood, I'm taking the afternoon off to hang around at home in old jeans and flannels and t-shirts I don't wear out of the house, and maybe find somewhere to take pictures because it's pleasantly misty out, read some books, catch up on the letters and some sleep. It's one of those days.

It's also a day of protest for a system I believe in about as much as I do the free market. No boycotts, no politics for me today, though I'm watching the hammer come down on the nails out of joint with some degree of trepidation, amazed at the disconnect between the actions of the state and the head of state that's still adored or at least preferred to the theoretical theocratic bogeymen, I trust no one in this game of power, neither revolutionary nor politician because I know I'm collateral to both if things get real.

 This all is starting to hit closer to home than I would like, as I see the faces of the arrestees and recognize one as the significant other of a friend of a friend, wondering what's really going on here. With the way things are going, I don't know if I'll know.



3 comments:

  1. detachment is the zenlite posture of us angsty gen-xers but I'm not sure that such emptiness suits your spiritual character, maybe you need to get a bit pagan for mayday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swear the anon wasn't me, but a little Wotan never hurt anyone. Were we supposed to protest something today? Feds are as trustworthy as far as they can be thrown, but whatever the veracity north, south, east, and west of Tikrit, police state's gonna get Ratcheded up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dmf,
    In this case, fatigue makes cowards of us all. Took a long nap (being out late and up early takes the fight out of anyone), still trying to process a lot of stuff, but I can't bring myself to not care when it really comes down to it.

    Randal,
    I'm still waiting for the day when you Snoopy Dance around the maypole. Remember, Lenin loves the children, Stalin saved the Jews, and that the guy camping out in the square is doing it for us because we're so not chill.

    ReplyDelete