Tuesday, January 8, 2013

linky linky

Not much to say today, but I like what certain folks do with linking to the swank of others because those of you not Fake Internet Friends on the facebook or the YouFace might want to share in the fun.

Currently jamming this album that if I hadn't slept on it, would have been on my best of 2012, long songs with big guitars, powerful female vocals, in a perfect world this would be played on the radio instead of Hinder. There's enough Skynyrdian jamming and Zeppelin-esque builds that my dad might like it.


Buzkashi, which pretty much is polo with a headless goat carcass and a means for bragging rights in the 'Stans gets the swank photo series treatment here.

The Kids, probably the same ones responsible for the Hitler hairdo that makes me feel ill, have decided that Mussolini is cool again.

This comments section is hilarious in its respective provincial hissy-fits. My last few places of residence have rent that's made Randal jealous (my almost-hood apartment was $300/month for a garden patch and entire second floor). Regional snobbery, Internet trollery, the rent is too damn high, y'all.

Cathedral of salt in my ancestral homeland.

Questionable advice from the olden days

Skateboarding in Kampala

Solzhenitsyn on lies and violence as a political system and spiritual death.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lee Dorrian, one more album, about salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good links. I liked seeing the Cathedral of Salt again.

    Since we moved back to Canada we discovered that just about all rental properties are corporate owned wit 5% increases pretty much built in. It's nasty.

    Then I read the Solzhenitsyn piece. The quote that said: It would be natural to vote them out of office -- but there are not elections in our country. In the West people know about strikes and protest demonstrations -- but we are too oppressed, and it is a horrible prospect for us: How can one suddenly renounce a job and take to the streets?

    How familiar that felt. I need to re-read The Cancer Ward.

    ReplyDelete